Brechin Healthcare Group formed in 2015, following a drastic reduction in local healthcare provision. A steering group of concerned members of the community was formed after a public meeting, to try to improve the situation on behalf of fellow community members.
Initially, the Group was a sub-group of Brechin Community Council, and subsequently became a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) in September 2017.
Our charitable purposes are:
- To advance Health and the relief of those in need by reason of age, ill health, disability, or financial hardship or other disadvantage.
- To advance Health, through the provision of medical equipment and facilities and through the provision of relief to those suffering from illness.
- In local health services that are available and accessible to ALL
- In a holistic community-led vision for our healthcare that delivers real care in a caring community
A community with kindness and concern at its heart, where people know they belong and can enjoy a high quality of health and wellbeing.
- A community health and well-being hub that provides access to a range of local, accessible, proactive and preventative health and well-being services and activities.
- A hub that puts the needs and wishes of local people at its heart.
- A hub that brings the community together and harnesses our assets and capacities.